Bacon and Cheese Linguine
with creme fraiche and cherry tomatoes
This rapid-to-prepare pasta dish is meaty, cheesy and deliciously rich. Bacon adds saltiness and bite which pairs wonderfully with the creamy cheesy sauce.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When boiling, add the linguine to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the tomatoes.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the bacon lardons and onion until lardons are crispy, 3-4 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Cook lardons thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cherry tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, Worcester sauce, stock powder and ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p) to the pan.
- Stir everything together and simmer until slightly reduced, 5-6 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary.
- After the sauce has simmered, add the creme fraiche and half the parsley.
- Stir to combine and allow to warm through.
- Carefully toss the linguine through the sauce until coated and warmed, 1-2 mins.
- Divide the creamy bacon linguine between bowls.
- Garnish with the cheese and remaining parsley.