Cheese and Bean Enchiladas
with sweetcorn and creme fraiche
These fully loaded enchiladas are filled with melted cheese, sweet bell pepper spiced beans. A dish that's as fun to make as it is to eat—and which the whole family can enjoy.
Red Kidney Beans
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Zest the lime. Juice half and cut the rest into thick wedges.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the sliced pepper, chopped tomatoes, chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice) and Mexican spice mix.
- Stir to combine then leave to simmer until thickened and slightly sticky, 6-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the kidney beans and sweetcorn in a sieve.
- Once the sauce has reduced, add the corn and beans to the pot along with the lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
TIP: Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if it becomes too thick.
- In a small bowl, mix the creme fraiche together with the lime zest.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a little oil into the bottom of an oven dish.
- Lay the tortillas out on a board one by one, spoon some of the bean and sweetcorn mixture down the centre of each, then roll up to enclose.
- Lay them into the oven dish. Ensure they're packed snugly, side by side, seam-side down so they don't unroll.
- Use a spoon to spread half the creme fraiche over the top. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven until golden, 8-10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the cheesy bean enchiladas from the oven and divide between plates.
- Top with a dollop of the remaining zesty creme fraiche.
- Serve with lime wedges alongside.