Chicken in Creamy Peanut Sauce
with coriander garnish and rice
This peanut chicken dish is super quick to put together. Easy creaminess comes from the peanut butter while the accompanying fresh tomato, cucumber and onion salsa cuts through the richness for a balanced and tasty meal.
Diced Chicken Breast
Thai Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and leave aside for 10 mins or until ready to serve (keep covered so the rice can continue to cook in its own steam).
- Halve chilli lengthways. Discard core and seeds. Finely chop.
- Halve, peel and chop onion into small pieces.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add chicken and half the onion along with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Fry until chicken is golden brown, 6-8 mins.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing used to keep it fresh.
When the chicken has browned, add the chilli (use less if you don't like spice) and Thai spice mix to the pan and fry for 1 min.
Spoon in the peanut butter along with the coconut milk and 100ml water (double for 4p).
Mix well and simmer for 4-6 mins, until it is a sauce consistency. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the sauce simmers, zest and cut the lime into 4 wedges. Stir the zest into the creamy peanut chicken.
Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
Cut the tomato into 2cm chunks.
- To a medium bowl add the tomato and remaining chopped onion.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and juice of half the lime, then stir together.
- Serve the chicken with the salad and rice alongside.
- Top with chopped coriander and any remaining lime wedges.