Chicken in Creamy Peanut Sauce
with coriander garnish and rice
This dish is super quick to put together. Easy creaminess comes from peanut butter and coconut milk while the accompanying fresh tomato and onion salsa cuts through the richness for a balanced and tasty meal.
Diced Chicken Breast
Thai Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Halve, peel and chop onion into small pieces.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the chicken and half the onion. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until chicken is golden brown, 6-8 mins.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Meanwhile, halve the chilli and discard the core and seeds. Finely chop.
- When the chicken is browned, add the chilli (use less if you don't like spice) and Thai spice. Fry until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut milk and 100ml water (double for 4p).
- Mix well and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, 4-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce simmers, zest and quarter the lime.
- Stir the lime zest into the creamy peanut chicken.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Cut the tomato into 2cm chunks.
- In a medium bowl mix the tomato and remaining chopped onion.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and juice of two lime wedges (double for 4p).
- Stir together to combine.
- Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if you feel it is too thick.
- Serve the creamy peanut chicken with the salad and rice alongside.
- Top with chopped coriander and any remaining lime wedges.