Spiced Turkey Tacos
with carrot slaw and roasted pepper
These assemble-yourself-tacos are sure to be a hit. They've got the DIY element despite being super easy to make. Chipotle-coated turkey mince is an unexpected element to this Mexican-inspired dish.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Red Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Trim the carrot, then coarsely grate (no need to peel).
- Pop the pepper onto a lined baking tray. Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until soft and slightly charred, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the turkey mince and fry until cooked through, 6-8 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Use a spoon to break the mince up as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Mexican spice mix and chipotle paste to the pan and fry until fragrant, 2-3 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make the slaw, mix the grated carrot with the aioli.
- Pop the tortillas into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- In a separate bowl for the salad, mix the vinegar with 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Just before serving, toss the salad leaves through the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the carrot slaw, spiced turkey mince, dressed salad leaves and roasted peppers separately.
- Divide the warmed tortillas between plates.
- Allow everyone to assemble their own chipotle turkey tacos at the table.