Crispy Chicken Burger and Chorizo Chutney
with crispy golden chips
Sometimes, opposites attract. In this recipe, for example, you'll find soft and warm brioche buns topping a crispy fried chicken burger, while sweet meets heat with a sweet chilli chorizo chutney in this adventurous and delicious dish.
Apple Cider Vinegar
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (peeling optional).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season well with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Place a hand on top of the chicken. Slice horizontally to make two thin steaks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat one egg (double for 4p) in a medium bowl.
- Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken first in egg then in breadcrumbs. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Place a pan over high heat with just enough oil to coat the base.
- Once hot, lay the crumbed chicken into the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Fry until golden brown and cooked through, 8-10 mins. Turn every 2-3 mins, adjusting heat if necessary. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the shallot into small pieces.
- Trim and quarter the radish.
TIP: Cook chicken in batches if necessary.
- Trim the baby gem. Reserve one leaf per burger. Halve the rest lengthways and thinly slice widthways.
- Place a pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chorizo and shallot. Fry until chorizo starts to brown on the outside, 3-4 mins.
- Add half the apple cider vinegar and allow to evaporate.
- Stir in the sweet chilli sauce, 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p) and a splash of water. Simmer for 2-3 mins, then set aside and cover to keep warm.
- In a large bowl for the salad, make a dressing by mixing the remaining apple cider vinegar, mayo, 1 tbsp oil, ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p), salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss the radish and chopped baby gem through the dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When everything is almost ready, pop the brioche buns into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Spread aioli over the cut side of each bun.
- Top each base bun with reserved salad leaves and crumbed chicken.
- Drizzle over the chorizo chutney, then sandwich closed with top bun.
- Plate the crispy chips and dressed salad alongside.
- Use any remaining aioli for dipping.