Fragrant Asian Chicken
with roast broccoli and rice
Sticky, slightly sweet, and with just a bit of bite—this fragrant Asian chicken is sure to go down a treat with everyone in your house.
(Contains Wheat, Sesame, Soya)
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Boil a large pot of salted water for the rice.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into 8 wedges.
- Cut half the broccoli into florets (double for 4p). Halve any large florets.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce with the garlic and set aside.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Pop the chicken, chopped broccoli and onion onto a large (lined) baking tray. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the middle shelf until the chicken is cooked through and veg is tender, 25-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, add the rice to the boiling water and cook for 10-12 mins.
- Drain in a sieve and pop back in the pot.
- Cover with a lid and leave to the side until ready to serve.
- Place a medium pan over medium heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins.
- Once toasted, transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- Just before the chicken is ready, return the (now empty) pan to a medium heat.
- Pour in the hoisin sauce and 75ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to a simmer and allow to bubble away until slightly thickened, 2-3 mins.
- When the chicken is cooked, transfer to the pan and turn to coat in the sauce until glossy, 1-2 mins.
TIP: Add a splash of water if it's a little dry.
- When everything is ready, fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between your plates.
- Top with the glazed chicken and roast veg.
- Spoon over the remaining sauce from the pan.
- Scatter over the toasted sesame seeds to finish.