Hazelnut Crusted Turkey and Cranberry Sauce
with broccolini and potato dauphinoise
A specially made festive recipe to enjoy this holiday season!
(Contains Hazelnuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Peel and cut potatoes into ½ cm thick rounds.
- Add 125ml water (double for 4p), stock powder, potatoes and creme fraiche to a pot. Season with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper (double both for 4p).
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until parboiled, 12-18 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Transfer to an oven dish. Scatter over cheese and bacon. Place on a lined baking tray. Cook on the middle shelf for 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, trim the carrot and halve lengthways. Chop into 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Pop onto a lined baking tray.
- Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Roast on the top shelf until tender, 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, trim the bottom of the broccolini. Halve thick stems lengthways.
- When the veg has 10 mins left to cook, add the broccolini to the tray. Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Cook until tender, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the hazelnuts.
- Beat 1 egg (double for 4p) in a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and nuts to another bowl. Season with ½ tsp salt (double for 4p) and pepper.
- Dip the turkey first in the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Ensure it's completely coated. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw turkey and its packaging.
- Once coated, transfer to a clean plate.
- Place a pan over high heat with enough oil to coat the bottom.
- Once hot, carefully lay the turkey into the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and fry until golden brown, 2-3 mins on each side.
- Transfer the turkey to the baking tray with the potatoes.
- Roast on the middle shelf of the oven until cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Turkey is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Wipe the pan used to fry the turkey and return to medium-high heat.
- Add the cranberry chutney and 50ml of water (double for 4p) and simmer until thickened, 2-3 mins.
- Once thickened, stir in 1 tbsp of butter (double for 4p) until melted and combined.
- Share the hazelnut crusted turkey between plates.
- Drizzle over the cranberry butter sauce.
- Serve the broccolini, carrot and bacon dauphinoise alongside.