Irish Beef Meatballs
Irish Beef Meatballs
with rice and tomato spinach sauce
Though the fluffy rice and tangy tomato sauce in this dish may be delicious in their own right, the juicy 100% Irish beef meatballs can't help but steal the show.
Total Time45 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)664 kcal
Energy (kJ)2778 kJ
of which saturates8.8 g
of which sugars9.4 g
Dietary Fiber1.4 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove the pot from the heat and leave aside for 10 mins or until ready to serve (keep covered so the rice can continue to cook in its own steam).
- While the rice cooks, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- In a large bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp water and ½ tsp salt (double both for 4p).
- Add the beef mince and half the dried Italian herbs (double for 4p).
- Season with pepper and mix together with your hands.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls, 5 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the beef meatballs until browned all over and cooked through, 10-12 mins. IMPORTANT: Meatballs are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan.
- Return the (now empty) pan to medium-high heat, with a drizzle of oil if needed.
- Fry the onion and garlic until slightly softened, 3-4 mins.
- Add the beef stock powder, passata, Worcester sauce, 1 tsp sugar and 50ml water (double both for 4p). Simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Mix through the spinach and half the parsley. Add the meatballs and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the rice in bowls.
- Top with beef meatballs and tomato spinach sauce.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.