Pulled Chicken Burger
with cheesy chorizo chips and salad
Cheesy chorizo chips, chipotle pulled chicken and rich brioche bunst—this is an indulgent meal with many appealing elements to choose from. The crunchy salad tomato slices add a pleasing touch of freshness to an already-abundant recipe.
Cajun Spice Mix
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Apple Cider Vinegar
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (peeling optional).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with Cajun spice, salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the chicken.
- Meanwhile, to make your dressing, add half the aioli and half the apple cider vinegar to a salad bowl.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Trim the baby gem. Reserve a leaf for each burger. Quarter the remainder lengthways and separate the leaves.
- Thinly slice the tomato.
- Once the water is boiling, lower heat to medium-high then add the chicken and a pinch of pepper.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked, stirring halfway, 12-15 mins.
- Drain and set aside. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh.
- Once the chips are cooked, carefully push them towards the centre of the baking tray.
- Top with chorizo and cheese then return to the oven until the cheese has melted, 6-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, using two forks, shred the chicken as finely as you can.
- Mix the shredded chicken with BBQ sauce, chipotle paste, remaining apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p).
- Mix to coat well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, pop the buns into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Just before serving, toss the chopped salad leaves through the dressing.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of the remaining aioli over each base bun.
- Top with reserved salad leaves, chipotle pulled chicken and sliced tomatoes.
- Sandwich closed with the top bun.
- Serve the salad, any remaining tomato slices and loaded chips alongside.