Thai Spiced Turkey Meatballs
with fragrant jasmine rice
Tender green beans, succulent turkey mince and fragrant jasmine rice come together to make to-die-for dinner in this Thai-inspired beautifully spicy recipe.
Red Thai Style Paste
Thai Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 12 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 12 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Trim and halve the green beans.
- Halve the chilli and discard the core and seeds. Finely chop.
- Zest then quarter the lime.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Add mince, breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp water, ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p) and half the Thai spice mix to a large bowl.
- Season with pepper and mix together by hand.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls, five per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the meatballs until browned all over and cooked through, 6-8 mins. Once cooked, remove from the pan.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with another drizzle of oil if necessary.
- Once hot, fry the green beans until starting to char, 2-3 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the red Thai paste, remaining Thai spice mix and chilli (use less if you don't like spice).
- Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add the passata, the juice of two lime wedges (double for 4p), half the coriander and 150ml water. Stir to combine.
- Return the meatballs to the pan.
- Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Meatballs are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Stir the lime zest through the rice, fluffing it up as you go.
- Spoon the green beans and Thai style Turkey meatballs into bowls.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander.
- Divide the lime rice between bowls and serve alongside.
- Serve with remaining lime wedges for squeezing over.