Spicy Thai Veggie Curry
Spicy Thai Veggie Curry
with fragrant jasmine rice
This Thai red curry is a spicy, creamy and wonderfully fragrant dish featuring an array of different flavours. Full of healthy veg and paired with aromatic rice, it also happily happens to be completely plant-based.
Under 650 calories
Total Time40 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
Thai Style Spice Mix
Red Thai Style Paste
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)539 kcal
Energy (kJ)2257 kJ
of which saturates14.7 g
of which sugars13.5 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Pop the cauliflower onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and sprinkle on the Thai style spice mix.
- Use your hands to rub the seasoning all over. Arrange in one layer and roast until soft and golden, 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, add 300ml cold, salted water (double for 4p) to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice, cover with the lid and bring to the boil on medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to its lowest setting. Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove the pot from the heat (still covered).
- Set to the side for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- While the rice cooks, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 2cm chunks.
- Trim the pak choi. Separate the leaves and quarter widthways into roughly 2cm chunks.
- Zest half the lime (double for 4p) then cut into wedges.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Thinly slice the chilli.
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Fry the pepper until beginning to soften and colour, 4-5 mins.
- Stir in the red Thai paste to coat and cook for 1 min.
- Add the pak choi along with the coconut milk and 75ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil then lower the heat to medium-low.
- Let the curry simmer until the pepper is tender, 4-5 mins.
- When the cauliflower is ready, add it to the curry and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the soy sauce. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Fluff up the rice and stir in the lime zest and half the coriander.
- Share the rice between your bowls and top with the fragrant curry.
- Finish with a sprinkle of fresh chilli and the remaining coriander.
- Serve the remaining lime wedges alongside for squeezing over.