Spinach and Tofu Dahl
with coriander and lime
Golden crispy tofu is coated in lime juice and coriander and dunked into delicious spinach dahl in this simple yet surprising protein-packed veggie recipe.
Korma Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Halve, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Peel and grate the ginger (use a teaspoon to scrape away the peel).
- Trim the carrot and quarter lengthways. Chop into 1cm chunks.
- Drain and rinse the lentils in a sieve.
- Place a large pot over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the onion, ginger and carrot until softened, 2-3 mins.
- Add the korma paste. Stir well and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add the coconut milk, 75ml water (double for 4p) and stock powder to the pot then bring to the boil.
- Add the lentils to the pot, season with salt and pepper and cook the dahl, covered, until the lentils are tender, 10-12 mins.
- Halfway through cooking, add the spinach, stirring until wilted.
TIP: Loosen the dahl with a splash of water if it gets too dry.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over high heat with a good glug of oil.
- Pat the tofu dry with kitchen paper and cut into pieces about 2cm thick.
- Toss the tofu with the curry powder and a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the tofu until golden, 6-8 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Juice the lime.
- In a large bowl, combine the coriander with the lime juice and the tofu.
- Mix well to combine then season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, stir the coated tofu through the dahl.
- Divide your fragrant spinach and tofu dahl between bowls.