Sweet Soy Salmon Noodles
with pan-fried bell pepper
Heart-friendly fish means this recipe is lower in calories, but it's also packed with protein and healthy fats. The slightly spicy sweet soy marinade is the standout element in this dish.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
(Contains Wheat, Sesame, Soya)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve then return to the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and toss to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Once hot, place the fish into the pan, skin-side down.
- Cook for 4-5 mins, turn over, and cook for 3-4 mins on the other side. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish. Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
TIP: Give the pan a quick wipe if you like, you'll be using it again!
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Peel and grate the ginger. Use a teaspoon to easily scrape away the peel.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil, if required.
- Once hot, fry the onion and pepper until softened, 4-5 mins.
- Add the ginger and fry for 1 min more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, peel away the skin of the salmon, then use a fork to pull apart the flaky fish.
- Once the veg has softened, add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ketchup, flaked salmon, 100ml water (double for 4p) and half the sweet chilli sauce to the pan.
- Cook until warmed through and sticky, 1-2 mins. Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary.
- Add the noodles to the pan and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the flaked salmon noodles between bowls.
- Finish with a drizzle of the remaining sweet chilli sauce.