Thai Style Chicken Curry
with courgette and fragrant rice
This Thai-inspired chicken curry is creamy, fragrant, and as spicy as you like. Lime rice adds a satiating element while the courgette and onion add vibrancy, health and crunch.
Red Thai Style Paste
Diced Chicken Breast
Thai Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 12 mins then remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 12 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, trim the courgette and chop into 1cm cubes.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed and finely chop.
- Zest and halve the lime.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the chicken and onion until starting to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Once browned, add courgette and fry for another 2 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Add the Thai style spice mix, red Thai paste and half the chilli to the pan. You can use less chilli if you don't like spice—or more if you do.
- Cook together until fragrant, 30 secs.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is tender, 6-8 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice to your curry.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and more lime juice if desired.
- Stir the lime zest through the rice, fluffing it up as you go.
TIP: Loosen the curry with a splash of water if you feel it's too thick.
- Serve the lime rice in bowls topped with the chicken curry.
- Finish with a sprinkling of as much of the remaining chopped chilli as you like.