Zingy Asian Chicken
with cashews, coriander and jasmine rice
The sauce that coats the chicken and veg in this recipe is slightly sweet with just the right amount of tanginess. Fragrant jasmine rice accompanies, providing an element of aromatic heartiness.
Diced Chicken Breast
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Apple Cider Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 12 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 12 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, toss the chicken with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp flour (double for 4p). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until starting to brown, 5-7 mins.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- While the chicken cooks, halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Halve and peel the onion, then cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Once the chicken has browned, add the onion and pepper to the pan.
- Fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, 2 tsp sugar and 100ml water (double both for 4p).
- Cover and simmer until sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through, 3-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the ketjap manis.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork.
- Roughly chop the cashews.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Divide the rice between deep bowls.
- Top with the zingy Asian chicken.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and cashews.