Bang Bang Broccoli
with fragrant rice and sweet chilli sauce
This crispy baked bang bang broccoli really lives up to its name. Served with fluffy fragrant rice, charred carrot and rich sweet chilli aioli, this truly is a knock-out dish.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Red Wine Vinegar
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the broccoli into florets. Halve any large florets.
- Pop into a mixing bowl. Add half the aioli and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with ¼ tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil (double both for 4p).
- Add the breadcrumb mix to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Pop the coated broccoli onto a lined baking tray and arrange in a single layer—well spaced out.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden and crispy, 20-25 mins.
TIP: If the florets don't fit in a single spaced out layer spread them across two baking trays.
- Meanwhile, add 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 12 mins, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 12 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, trim the carrot then halve lengthways (no need to peel). Slice widthways into 1cm thick pieces.
- Trim half the cucumber (double for 4p). Halve lengthways then thinly slice widthways.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion. Separate the green portions from the white.
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the carrot until tender, 4-5 mins.
- Add soy sauce and the whites of the scallion and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover to keep the veg warm. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the bang bang sauce, combine half the vinegar (double for 4p), the sweet chilli sauce and the remaining aioli in a bowl.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between bowls.
- Top with crispy broccoli, fried veg and sliced cucumber.
- Finish with a drizzle of bang bang sauce and a sprinkling of green scallion.