Chicken and Chorizo Fajitas
with chipotle and sweet chilli dip
Fajitas are a Tex-mex invention usually consisting of some type of seared strip of meat, often served with accoutrements such as veg and additional sauces. This moreish has not one but two types of meat, as well as a sweet and spicy sauce and a refreshing salad to top it all off.
Apple Cider Vinegar
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Mexican Style Spice Mix
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Toss with Mexican spice mix, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Chop the tomato into 1cm chunks.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p) and the apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes to the dressing, stir to coat, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the aioli and chipotle paste.
- Meanwhile, place a pot over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, fry the chorizo until starting to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Once browned, stir in the sweet chilli sauce and 100ml water (double for 4p).
- Bubble until thickened, 3-4 mins, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast lengthways into four strips.
- Beat 1 egg (double for 4p) in a deep plate.
- Add the breadcrumbs to another plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken first in the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Ensure it's well coated. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Place a large pan over high heat with just enough oil to coat the bottom.
- Once hot, lay the chicken strips into the pan, lower the heat to medium-high and fry until cooked through, 8-10 mins.
- Turn every 2-3 mins, adjusting the heat if necessary.
- Once cooked, transfer to a clean plate lined with kitchen paper. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Allow the oil to get hot so the chicken can fry properly.
- Just before serving, pop the tortillas into the oven to warm through, 1-2 mins.
- Divide the warmed tortillas between plates, then top each with chicken strips, tomatoes, cheese and a spoonful of sweet chilli chorizo.
- Finish with a drizzle of chipotle aioli.
- Serve your fajitas with potatoes alongside.