Chorizo and Bean Soup
This hearty chorizo and bean soup filled with velvety leeks makes the perfect midweek meal. You'll find it's super simple to prepare and the slight spice from the chorizo means this dish will be warming in more ways than one!
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Trim the root and dark green leafy part from half the leek (double for 4p). Thinly slice.
- Trim the courgette, then quarter lengthways. Chop into 1cm chunks.
- Roughly chop half the parsley (double for 4p), stalks and all.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot (for the soup) on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the leek and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the leek until softened, 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chorizo and fry until browned, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Cook the chorizo thoroughly.
- Add half the Italian herbs (double for 4p), courgette and cannellini beans. Cook for 1 min, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato paste, stock and 500ml water (double for 4p). Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-12 mins, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the dried chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice). Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Dish up spoonfuls of healthy, hearty vegetable, cannellini bean and chorizo soup.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and grated cheese.