Crispy Katsu Chicken Burger and Wedges
with chorizo crumb and tomato salad
Crispy chicken coated in curried aioli is joined by slightly spiced chorizo wedges in this dish for a meal that's filled with adventurous flavours.
Apple Cider Vinegar
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Korma Curry Paste
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (peeling optional).
- Pop the wedges onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Roughly chop the tomato.
- In a bowl for the salad, mix together ¼ tsp sugar, 1 tbsp oil (double both for 4p) and the vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the chopped tomato, stir together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the aioli, korma paste and honey.
- Place a hand flat on top of the chicken. Cut from thicker end to thin point until there's 2cm left (don't slice fully through). Open it up like a book. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and packaging.
- Beat 1 egg (double for 4p) in a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs to another bowl with salt and pepper.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast first into the egg and then the breadcrumbs, ensuring they're completely coated. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Place a large pan over high heat, adding enough oil to completely coat the bottom.
TIP: You want the oil to be hot so the chicken fries properly—heat for 2-3 mins before adding the chicken.
- Once hot, lay the chicken into the pan, reduce the heat to medium-high and fry until golden brown and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Turn every 2-3 mins, adjusting the heat if necessary.
- Meanwhile, pop the brioche buns into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- When the wedges have 5 mins left to cook, add the chorizo to the baking tray.
- Toss together and cook until wedges are done.
- Add three-quarters of the salad leaves to the bowl with the tomato and toss to coat in the dressing.
- Pop the buns onto your plates and spread some korma aioli over the cut side of each bun base and lid.
- Sandwich the fried chicken and the reserved salad leaves between the buns.
- Serve with the chorizo wedges and salad alongside.
- Use any remaining korma aioli for dipping.