Fragrant Veggie Noodles
with baby corn and roasted kale
Tender baby corn and carrot are familiar finds when it comes to veggie noodle dishes. A less-expected addition to this recipe comes in the form of crispy roasted kale—the leafy green that tops this moreish meal.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
Garlic, Ginger & Lemongrass Paste
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Thai Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- Strip the leafy part of the kale from the stem. Chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Discard the stems (they're too tough to eat).
- Spread the kale out on a lined baking tray.
- Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. When the oven is hot, bake on the middle shelf until crispy, 6-8 mins.
TIP: Watch the kale closely so it doesn't burn.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve then return to the pot, off the heat. Drizzle with oil and toss to prevent sticking.
- While the noodles cook, halve the baby corn lengthways.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Trim the carrot, then quarter lengthways (no need to peel). Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the carrot, shallot and corn until tender, stirring often, 6-8 mins.
- Add Thai spice mix and lemongrass paste. Cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add teriyaki sauce and 150ml water (double for 4p). Stir until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the sweet chill sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary.
- Stir the drained noodles through the sauce until well coated and warmed through.
- Divide your fragrant veggie noodles between bowls.
- Top with the roasted kale.