Teriyaki Turkey Stir-fry
with sugar snaps and bell pepper
This teriyaki turkey stir-fry features tender fried peppers and sugar snap peas for beautiful colour and crunch. This is a simple and quick-to-make dish that's not to be missed!
Sugar Snap Peas
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Add 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- While the rice cooks, halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the sugar snaps widthways.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pepper.
- Stir-fry until just starting to soften, 3-4 mins.
- Add the turkey mince to the pepper and stir-fry until cooked through, 6-8 mins.
- Use a spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Turkey is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once the turkey is browned, add the garlic and sugar snaps to the pan.
- Stir-fry together for 1 min.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce and cook for 1 min more.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
TIP: Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and share between bowls.
- Top with the teriyaki turkey stir-fry.