Spiced Beef Kheema
with cucumber salsa and warm naan
A zippy cucumber and scallion salad and warmed naan balance out the rich and spice-imbued beef kheema in this moreish meal that's sure to delight kids and adults alike.
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips, then chop into 1cm pieces.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the beef mince with the onion and pepper until browned, 5-6 mins. Use a spoon to break up the beef as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the North Indian spice mix and garam masala to the beef and cook until fragrant, stirring continuously, 1 min.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p) then bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Add a splash of water if you feel the mince has become too dry.
- Stir through a knob of butter,
- Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Trim the cucumber, then quarter lengthways. Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Cut the lime into quarters.
- Mix the cucumber with half the sliced scallion and juice from half the lime wedges.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place naans onto a baking tray and sprinkle with a little water.
- Pop into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Divide the beef kheema between plates.
- Serve with the cucumber salsa and warmed naan alongside.
- Top with a sprinkling of scallion.
- Serve with remaining lime wedges for squeezing over.