Fragrant Pork Fillet and Soy Glazed Veg
with jasmine rice
Fragrant rice forms the base of this Asian-inspired pork dish. Garlic, ginger and coriander are all familiar flavours in South-Asian cooking, while vibrant veg adds a satisfying crunch as well as all-important nutrients.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Garlic, Ginger & Lemongrass Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 12 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 12 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, trim and halve the carrot widthways. Cut lengthways into ½ cm thick batons.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the carrot and fry for 4-5 mins.
- While the carrots fry, trim and discard the bottom of the broccolini.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Add the broccolini and onion to the pan with the carrots. Fry for another 3-4 mins.
- Then add a splash of water and cover with a lid or some foil. Cook until the veggies are tender, 4-5 mins.
- After cooking, stir the soy sauce through the veggies.
- Remove from the pan, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, quarter the lime.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Cut the pork into 2cm chunks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Return the pan to a medum-high heat with another drizzle of oil.
- Fry the diced pork with the ginger, garlic and lemongrass paste for 2-3 mins.
- Add the stock and 25ml water (double for 4p). Cover and cook for 4-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the sweet chilli sauce and juice from half the lime quarters.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if required.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between plates.
- Serve the flavorful pork and veg alongside.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and remaining lime quarters.