Beef in Creamy Chive Sauce
with peas and mashed potato
Creamy mash and green peas are a match made in heaven! Another amazing pairing? The creamy chive sauce and succulent beef rump that star in this delicious dish.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Add the potatoes to the water and cook until fork tender, 12-18 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk or water and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Place a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the creme fraiche and half the stock powder (double for 4p).
- Stir together and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, 3-5 mins.
- While the sauce simmers, finely chop the chives (use scissors if you prefer).
- Stir three-quarters of the chives, sweet chilli sauce and ½ tsp of sugar (double for 4p) into the sauce.
- Season to taste, then remove from the heat.
- Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Fry the beef until browned, 1-2 mins each side for medium-rare.
- Cook another 1-2 mins each side if you like it medium and a further 1-2 mins on each side if you want it well-done. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Meat is safe to eat when outside is browned.
- Once cooked, transfer to a board, cover and allow to rest.
- While the beef rests, wipe the now empty pan and return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the peas until softened, 3-5 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reheat the creamy chive sauce if needed.
- Slice the beef rump widthways into 2cm thick slices.
- Share the beef rump between plates.
- Serve the mashed potato and peas alongside.
- Spoon the creamy chive sauce over the beef and mash.
- Sprinkle the remaining chives over the dish.