Gourmet Cheese Burger
with homemade oven chips
These gourmet burgers may be super simple to prepare, but unexpected additions in the form of decadent buttered leeks and rich brioche buns ensure they're anything but ordinary.
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Mustard, Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then chop into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Remove the root and the dark green leafy part from the leek. Cut in half widthways.
- Take one half (double for 4p) and halve lengthways, then thinly slice.
- Place a medium pan over medium heat with a knob of butter.
- Once hot, add the sliced leek and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the Worcester sauce, mustard and breadcrumbs.
- Add 2 tsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p).
- Add the beef mince, season with pepper and mix everything together with your hands.
- Roll into even-sized balls, then form into 1cm thick burgers, 1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
TIP: The burgers will shrink a little during cooking.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once oil is hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 10-12 mins. Turn them every 2-3 mins and lower heat if needed. IMPORTANT: The burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When burgers are done, remove pan from heat.
- Place some cheese on top of each burger.
- Cover pan and set aside (off the heat) so cheese melts, 3-4 mins.
- While the burgers cook, pop the buns, cut-side up onto a baking tray.
- Warm in the oven, 2-3 mins.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of aioli over each base bun.
- Top with the cheesy beef burger and buttered leeks then close with the top bun.
- Serve with chips alongside.