Rogan Josh Style Beef
Rogan Josh Style Beef
with chilli and crispy potatoes
Rogan josh is a signature recipe in Kashmiri cuisine. Our twist on this delicious dish features spiced beef and lentils topped with crispy roasted potatoes and a generous dollop of refreshing yoghurt.
Total Time45 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
Korma Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)3948 kJ
Energy (kcal)943 kcal
of which saturates12.3 g
of which sugars35.6 g
Dietary Fiber10.9 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Trim the carrot (no need to peel), quarter lengthways then chop into 1cm chunks.
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed then thinly slice.
- Drain and rinse lentils in a sieve.
- Pop the potatoes onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the turmeric and toss to coat.
- Roast the potatoes on the top shelf of your oven until golden and crispy, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the beef mince.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned, 4-5 mins. Break up with a spoon as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add the chopped carrot to the pan and fry until softened, 3-4 mins.
- Add korma paste and chilli (use less if you don't like spice).
- Stir together and cook for 1 min.
- Add the passata, lentils, stock powder and 200ml water (double for 4p) to the pan.
- Stir together and bring the mixture gently to the boil, then simmer until the curry has reduced, 10-12 mins.
- Add a splash of water if it needs loosening.
- Once the curry is cooked, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the Rogan Josh style beef between bowls.
- Lay the roasted potatoes on top.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt on the side.
- Garnish to taste with any remaining chilli.