BBQ Beef Ragu Rigatoni
with fresh chilli and melted cheese
Ragu is a classic Italian dish that's notoriously rich. This BBQ beef version takes things up a notch with an added sweet, tangy and spicy flavour profile.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni and cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to stop it sticking together.
- Meanwhile, halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 1cm chunks (or as small as you can get it).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed then finely chop.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the beef mince, bell pepper and chopped onion.
- Cook until the beef is browned and veg is tender, 5-6 mins. Use a wooden spoon to break up the beef as it cooks.
- When cooked, add the garlic and Worcester sauce. Cook stirring frequently, 1 min. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw meat. The mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once the garlic has cooked, add the passata, beef stock and 100ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened, 8-10 mins.
- Once everything has cooked, pop the BBQ sauce into the pan and bring to the boil.
- Season the beef to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pop the drained rigatoni into the pan with the beef.
- Mix well to combine and remove from the heat.
- Share the BBQ beef pasta between your bowls.
- Top with the grated cheese and a sprinkle of chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice).