Homemade Apple Beef Burgers
with crispy chips and crunchy salad
Grated apple provides an easy way to add taste and texture to a burger. Perfectly crispy chips and a fresh cucumber side salad are also welcome additions to this dish.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Mustard, Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then chop into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in one layer.
- Cook on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into quarters and remove the core.
- Coarsely grate one-quarter of the apple and set aside.
- Cut the remaining apple lengthways into thin slices.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut into thin slices.
- Peel then slice the onion into thin rings.
- In a large bowl for the salad, mix together the balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving toss the cucumber, half the salad leaves and half the apple slices through the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mince with the grated apple and the breadcrumbs. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix together with your hands.
- Roll into even-sized balls, then shape into 1cm thick burgers, 1 per person.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the burgers and fry until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12-14 mins in total.
- Carefully turn them every 3-4 mins and lower the heat if needed. IMPORTANT: The burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Pop the buns into the oven to warm for 2-3 mins.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of mayo over each base bun.
- Top with beef patty, remaining salad leaves, apple slices and onion. Close with the top bun.
- Serve with chips and salad alongside.