Pork Loin and Rosemary Chips
with tender asparagus
Crispy rosemary chips are the perfect savoury and herbaceous accompaniment to tender buttery pork and asparagus in this dish.
Pork Loin Steak
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Pick the rosemary leaves and roughly chop (discard the stalks).
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (unpeeled).
- Pop onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil then season with salt, pepper and half the rosemary.
- Toss to coat and spread out. When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Pop half into a small piece of foil with a drizzle of oil and scrunch to enclose.
- Add the garlic parcel to the tray with the chips to cook, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, grate the remaining garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Trim the bottom of the asparagus and discard.
- Place a medium pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the asparagus and grated garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry for 1 min, then add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until tender, 4-6 mins, then remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Once the garlic has roasted, carefully remove it from the foil.
- Pop into a bowl and mash with 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and the remaining rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper then mix to combine and set aside.
- Return the pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, sear the pork loin, fat-side down, until crispy, 2-3 mins.
- Reduce the heat to medium and once seared, fry until cooked, 4-5 mins on each side.
- When 1 min of cooking time remains, add the garlic butter, allow to melt and use a spoon to baste the pork in it.
- Once cooked, transfer from the pan, cover and allow to rest, 1-2 mins. IMPORTANT: Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When everything is ready, thinly slice the pork.
- Plate up the butter-basted pork with the rosemary chips and asparagus alongside.
- Drizzle any remaining buttery juices from the pan over the top.