with garlic butter sauce and roasted broccoli
This moreish chicken piccata is an Italian-inspired dish that originated in the US in the early 20th century. The term piccata refers to a method of cooking that involves dousing in flour and smothering in a buttery sauce.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm pieces (no need to peel).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat then spread out in a single layer.
- Roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- While the potatoes cook, cut the broccoli into florets (little trees). Halve any large florets.
- Pop onto a separate lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Halve and peel the onion. Chop one half (double for 4p) into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until 2cm thick. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Add 3 tbsp flour (double for 4p) to a large bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken in the flour to evenly coat.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh.
- When the potatoes have 15 mins of cooking time left, place the broccoli on the middle shelf of the oven and roast until slightly crispy, 12-15 mins.
- While everything cooks, place a pan over medium-high heat with a good glug of oil.
- Once hot, lay in the chicken. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, 5-6 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer to a chopping board, cover and allow to rest.
- Return the pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until softened, 3-4 mins. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the vinegar and allow to evaporate. Add 75ml water (double for 4p) and chicken stock powder.
- Bring to the boil and stir to dissolve the stock.
- Lower the heat and vigorously stir in 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) until melted and combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the roast potatoes and crispy broccoli alongside.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of the garlic butter sauce.