with garlic butter sauce and roasted broccoli
This moreish chicken piccata is an Italian-inspired dish that originated in the US in the early 20th century. The term piccata refers to a method of cooking that involves dousing in flour and smothering in a buttery sauce.
Under 650 calories
Total Time50 minutes
Cooking Time45 minutes
Red Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)559 kcal
Energy (kJ)2340 kJ
of which saturates2.7 g
of which sugars6.8 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm pieces (no need to peel) then place on a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle over a little oil then season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer and roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- While the potatoes cook, cut the broccoli into florets (little trees) and pop onto a separate lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper then set aside.
- Halve and peel the onion. Chop half (double for 4p) into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place the chicken breast between two sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin or a pan until 2cm thick all over.
- Add 3 tbsp flour (double for 4p) to a large bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Lay your chicken breast in the bowl and toss to ensure it gets an even coating of flour.
- Repeat for the other chicken breast(s). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- When the potatoes have 15 mins of cooking time left, place the broccoli on the middle shelf of the oven and roast until slightly crispy, 12-15 mins.
- As everything cooks, place a pan over medium-high heat with a glug of oil.
- Once hot, lay in the chicken. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, 5-6 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer to a chopping board, cover with foil and leave to rest.
- Return the pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until softened, 3-4 mins. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the vinegar and allow it to evaporate. Add 75ml water (double for 4p) and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and stir to dissolve the stock.
- Lower the heat and vigorously stir in 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) until melted and combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Slice the chicken and serve on plates, with the roast potatoes and crispy broccoli alongside.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of the garlic butter sauce.