Gourmet Cheese Burger
Gourmet Cheese Burger
with homemade chips
These gourmet burgers may be super simple to prepare, but unexpected additions in the form of decadent buttered leeks and rich brioche buns ensure they're anything but ordinary.
•Eat Me First
Total Time35 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Mustard, Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)4634 kJ
Energy (kcal)1107 kcal
of which saturates17.3 g
of which sugars12.6 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
•Pan with Lid
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Remove the root and the dark green leafy part from the leek. Cut in half widthways.
- Take one half (double for 4p) and halve lengthways, then thinly slice.
- Place a medium pan over medium heat with a knob of butter.
- Once hot, add the sliced leek and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once softened, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Worcester sauce, mustard and breadcrumbs.
- Add 2 tsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p).
- Add the beef mince, season with pepper and mix everything together with your hands.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls, then form into 1cm thick burgers, 1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
TIP: The burgers will shrink a little during cooking.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once oil is hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 10-12 mins. Turn them every 2-3 mins and lower heat if needed. IMPORTANT: The burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When burgers are done, remove pan from heat.
- Place some cheese on top of each burger.
- Cover pan and set aside (off the heat) until the cheese melts, 3-4 mins.
- While the burgers cook, pop the buns onto a baking tray.
- Warm in the oven, 1-2 mins.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of aioli over each base bun.
- Top with the cheesy beef burger and buttered leeks then close with the top bun.
- Serve with chips alongside.