Mexican Spiced Beef Tortillas
with zesty creme fraiche
Bring a taste of Mexico to your table tonight with these simple to assemble meaty tortillas. The zesty creme fraiche topping is the perfect pairing for the lightly spiced bean, bell pepper and beef filling.
Red Kidney Beans
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Place a pan on medium-high heat (no oil).
- Halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 1cm chunks.
- Zest and chop half the lime into wedges (double for 4p).
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Once the pan is hot, add the beef mince and fry until browned, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Use a spoon to break it up as it cooks, then drain and discard any excess fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pepper and Mexican style spice mix to the beef mince and fry for 1 min.
- Mix in the Worcester sauce, passata, kidney beans and beef stock.
- Using the back of a spoon, crush half the kidney beans once they're in the pan.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low-medium and simmer until thickened, 7-8 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: The mince is cooked when it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Pop half the tortillas (double for 4p) into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- Add half the creme fraiche (double for 4p) to a small bowl.
- Stir in the lime zest.
- Dish up the tortillas.
- Top with a generous helping of the Mexican spiced beef mince.
- Spoon on a dollop of creme zest and a sprinkling of the scallion.
- Serve with lime wedges alongside.