One-pot Mexican Style Beans
with sweet corn, bell peppers and grains
Don't feel like spending much time at the sink this evening? This one-pot veggie dish is exactly what you want. It's easy to make, quick to clean and full of exciting flavours.
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Not included in your delivery
- Drain and rinse both the beans and the corn.
- Halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 2cm chunks.
- Halve, peel and chop half the onion (double for 4p) into small pieces.
- Zest, then cut lime into wedges.
- Drizzle a little oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- When hot, add onions, peppers and Mexican style spice mix.
- Cook, stirring often, until softened, 3-4 mins.
- Add the corn, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, beans and 200ml water (double for 4p) to the pot.
- Bring to the boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly for 6-8 mins.
- Mix in the couscous and remove from the heat. Keep covered for 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, add creme fraiche and lime zest to a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- When couscous is cooked, fluff it up with a fork and stir in the cheese.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide between bowls and dollop lime crema over the top.
- Squeeze over a lime wedge if you like.