Sticky BBQ Chicken
with wedges and garlicky broccoli
Garlicky broccoli and crispy wedges accompany sweet and savoury BBQ chicken in this dish the whole household is sure to enjoy.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer and roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Cut broccoli into florets. Halve larger florets.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice onion.
- Peel and grate garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place your hand flat on top of the chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh.
- Place a pan over a high heat with a drizzle of oil (give it a wipe if you like).
- Add the broccoli and onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until tender and slightly charred, 2-3 mins then add garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil. Cook until the broccoli is tender, 4-5 mins.
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the chicken steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook through, 3-6 mins each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the BBQ sauce, honey and 25ml water (double for 4p). Stir to combine.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the BBQ sauce to the pan with a knob of butter if you have any.
- Carefully use a spoon to baste the chicken in the BBQ sauce.
- Plate up the BBQ chicken with the broccoli and wedges alongside.
- Drizzle over any remaining sauce in the pan.