Sweet Chilli Glazed Cheese and Spicy Aioli
with jewelled couscous
The golden cheese in this recipe is coated with a mix of Middle Eastern spices and glazed in sumptuous sweet chilli sauce, while a bed of bejewelled couscous forms the base of this vibrant veggie dish.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Pop the couscous into a bowl.
- Stir in 200ml boiling water (500ml for 4p) and the vegetable stock powder.
- Cover with a plate or cling film.
- Leave aside for 10 mins or until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, drain the grilling cheese then cut into 2cm cubes. Add to a bowl of cold water.
- Cut the tomato into 1cm chunks.
- Trim the cucumber, then quarter lengthways. Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Cut the lemon into quarters.
- Remove the cheese cubes from the water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the grilling cheese until golden, turning often, 4-5 mins.
- Add the Middle Eastern spice mix to the pan for the final min of frying time.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine half the harissa paste, honey, a good squeeze of lemon juice and ½ tsp of sugar (double for 4p).
- Stir the chopped cucumber and tomato into the bowl and toss to coat in the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the aioli and remaining harissa paste.
- When the grilling cheese is golden, remove from the heat and add half of the sweet chilli sauce to the pan.
- Turn the cheese to glaze in the sauce.
- Add the couscous to the bowl with the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Toss together.
- Share the couscous between bowls.
- Top with the glazed grilling cheese.
- Finish by drizzling over the harissa aioli and remaining sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve with any remaining lemon wedges for squeezing over.