Sweet Corn and Bell Pepper Tacos
with chipotle aioli and cheese
The taco is a staple of Mexican cuisine today enjoyed around the world. These veggie tacos are super quick to create with standout elements including a creamy chipotle mayo and delicious cubes of golden fried cheese.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7 for the tortilla.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 2cm chunks.
- Drain and rinse the corn in a sieve.
- Chop the grilling cheese into 2cm chunks.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pepper and corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until the pepper has softened and the corn has coloured slightly, 4-5 mins.
- Add the onion to the pan with the veg.
- Mix together and cook until the onion is softened, 3-4 mins.
- Meanwhile, add the aioli and half the chipotle paste (double for 4p) to a bowl.
- Mix together and leave to the side.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallions.
- Once the veg is soft, remove to a bowl and pop the pan back on medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the cheese to the pan and fry until golden brown on all sides, 4-6 mins.
- Turn every minute or so. Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile, pop the tortillas into the oven to warm through for 2-3 mins.
- Spread the chipotle aioli on each of the tortillas.
- Divide the veg between the tacos and finish with cubes of cheese.
- Sprinkle over the scallion.
- Dollop any remaining aioli on top.