Tandoori Style Chicken on Golden Naan
with a sweetcorn and chilli salsa
The preparation of tandoori chicken involves it being marinated in spiced yoghurt then roasted in an oven known as a tandoor, hence the dish's name. Though this dish may not utilize a clay oven, the deep flavour bestowed by the marinade is definitely there.
Korma Curry Paste
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, add korma paste and half the yoghurt to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Add the chicken to the pan (reserve the marinade). Cook until browned, 3-4 mins each side.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the onion into 2cm wedges. Add the onion to the leftover marinade and toss to coat.
- Once the chicken is browned, pop it onto a lined baking tray.
- Place the onion alongside.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven until the chicken is cooked through, 12-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the tomatoes and place in a separate bowl.
- Drain and rinse the sweetcorn in a sieve.
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed then finely chop.
- Add the sweetcorn and chilli (use less if you don't like spice) to the bowl with the tomato.
- Halve the lemon. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper, mix well, then set aside.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Add the coriander and remaining yoghurt to another bowl.
- Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix together, then set the raita aside.
- When everything is nearly ready, place the naans on a baking tray. Sprinkle with a little water and pop them on the bottom shelf of the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a chopping board and thinly slice.
- Share the naans between your plates and top with the tandoori style chicken and onions.
- Spoon over the raita and the sweet chilli sauce to finish.
- Serve with the potato wedges and sweetcorn salsa alongside.