BBQ Beef Ragu Rigatoni
with fresh chilli and melted cheese
Ragu is a classic Italian dish that's notoriously rich. This BBQ beef version takes things up a notch with an added sweet, tangy and spicy flavour profile.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni and cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 1cm chunks (or as small as you can get it).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed then finely chop.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the beef mince, bell pepper and onion.
- Cook until the beef is browned and veg is tender, breaking up the beef with a spoon as it cooks, 5-6 mins.
- When cooked, add the garlic and Worcester sauce. Cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, 1 min. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once fragrant, add the passata, stock powder and 100ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened, 8-10 mins.
TIP: Add a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Once the ragu has reduced, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained rigatoni to the pan.
- Stir through the BBQ sauce.
- Mix well to combine and remove from the heat.
- Share the BBQ beef pasta between bowls.
- Top with the grated cheese.
- Finish with a sprinkling of chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice).