Cajun Spiced Orzo Salad
with Greek style cheese and courgette
This orzo salad is packed with fun and fascinating flavours. Cajun spice coats the chickpeas and courgette, while pickled onion and Greek style cheese add a little piquancy. Orzo and cherry tomatoes are coated in aioli to tie everything together for a salad that doesn't skimp on taste or texture.
Cajun Spice Mix
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Greek Style Cheese
(May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Red Wine Vinegar
(Contains Wheat May be present Lupin, Egg, Mustard, Soya)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the orzo.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a sieve.
- Pop the chickpeas onto a lined baking tray. Toss with a drizzle of oil, half the Cajun spice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the chickpeas are crunchy, 15-20 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- When the water is boiling, add the orzo and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until al dente, 10-12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a sieve and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Trim the courgette and slice into 1cm thick rounds.
- Halve and peel the onion. Slice half (double for 4p) as thinly as you can.
- Toss the courgette in the remaining Cajun spice, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Lay in a single layer on a lined baking tray and roast until golden, 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, pop the sliced onion into a small bowl along with the vinegar and ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p).
- Add a pinch of salt, mix together and set aside.
TIP: Use the same tray for the chickpeas and courgette if there's space for both.
- Add the cooked orzo, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, aioli and half the parsley to a large bowl.
- Crumble in half the Greek style cheese and toss until everything is coated and evenly distributed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the orzo salad between bowls.
- Arrange the pickled onion and roasted courgette on top.
- Finish with a scattering of pumpkin seeds, remaining Greek style cheese and remaining chopped parsley.