Cheese and Chorizo Quesadillas
with tomato salsa and cooling creme fraiche
These tortillas are a family favourite recipe that features lashings of melted cheese, slightly spiced chorizo and softened veg for a filling that's too good to pass up. Refreshment comes in the form of tomato salsa and zesty creme fraiche.
Mexican Style Spice Mix
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Drain and rinse the black beans in a sieve.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, fry the chorizo and bell pepper until starting to brown, 4-5 mins.
- Add the black beans and Mexican spice mix with a drizzle of oil, if required.
- Fry for 1 min then add the passata, ½ tsp sugar and ½ tsp salt (double both for 4p). Simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the heat. Stir through the chipotle paste. Add a splash of water, if required.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomato into 1cm cubes.
- Halve, peel and chop the shallot into small pieces.
- Toss the tomato and shallot together in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pop the tortillas into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- Serve the beans and tomato salsa separately.
- Divide the tortillas between plates and top your own at the table.
- Sprinkle with a generous helping of cheese.
- Drizzle over the creme fraiche and BBQ sauce.