Cheesy Bacon Flatbread
with charred mushrooms and rocket
Loaded with melted cheese, charred mushrooms and crispy fried bacon these speedy flatbreads are delicious and super simple to assemble. Ready in 25 mins or less with minimal mess!
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Place a large pan over high heat (no oil).
- Once pan is hot, add mushrooms and cook until charred, 3-4 mins, shifting occasionally as they cook.
- Once cooked, season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a bowl. Wipe the pan and save to use later.
- In a small bowl, mix together half the passata and ½ tbsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. You've made your base sauce!
- Use a spoon to spread the sauce over each of the flatbreads, leaving a 1cm border around the edge (as the crust).
- Scatter the cheese over the top.
- Top the flatbreads with the charred mushrooms.
- Carefully pop your flatbreads onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in your oven until the cheese has melted and is bubbling, 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, return your (now empty) pan to a medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, lay in the bacon and fry until crispy and brown, 3-4 mins on each side. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Cook bacon thoroughly.
- Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Tear the bacon into small pieces.
- Carefully toss the rocket with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven and cut into slices.
- Top with torn bacon, tomato slices and dressed salad leaves.