Chicken and Leek Summer Stew
with potatoes and pesto
This chicken and leek stew has a bright and herby flavour profile, meaning it's hearty but suitable for the summer too. Along with the main ingredients you also have potatoes and pesto, which make for a more filling and flavourful meal.
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Halve the potatoes lengthways and chop widthways into ½ cm thick semi-circles.
- Peel the carrot and cut diagonally into ½ cm thick slices.
- Trim the root and the dark green leafy part from the leek. Halve lengthways then thinly slice.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chicken and fry until lightly browned, 3-4 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Season with the paprika, salt and pepper then cook for 1 min more.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Add the potato, carrot and leek to the pot.
- Cook, stirring for 2-3 mins.
- Pour 400ml water (double for 4p) into the pot along with the chicken stock powder.
- Bring to the boil and cover with the lid.
- Cook until the veg is just fork tender and chicken is cooked through,10-12 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Lower the heat and stir the pesto and creme fraiche into the stew.
- Allow to warm through, 1-2 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hearty helpings of chicken and leek stew in deep plates or bowls.
- Roughly chop the parsley and sprinkle over the stew.