Courgette and Pesto Soup
with goat's cheese and croutons
What at first may seem like a simple soup becomes something altogether more special when you consider its components. Crunchy croutons, a goat's cheese crumble and spoonfuls of rich and flavourful pesto are just some of the reasons you're going to love this dish.
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
(Contains Wheat, Barley May be present Soya, Milk)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Boil 600ml water (double for 4p) in a pot (or your kettle).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Cut the potato into small cubes (peeling optional).
- Run a peeler lengthways along the courgette to create thin ribbons (3 per person). Cut the remaining courgette into cubes.
- Place a large pot over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion and fry until softened, 2 mins.
- Add the courgette cubes and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins.
- Raise the heat to high.
- Add the chopped potatoes, boiled water, Middle Eastern spice and muscat to the pot.
- Bring back to the boil, cover and cook for 10 mins over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the courgette ribbons until tender, 4-5 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Roughly tear the baguettes into 2cm chunks.
- Pop onto a lined baking tray then toss with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Warm in the oven until golden brown, 8-10 mins.
- Remove the soup from the heat and blend until smooth.
- Add a little extra water if the soup is too thick.
- Add the pesto and stir to warm through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup between your bowls.
- Top with the crunchy croutons and crumble over the goat's cheese.
- Garnish with the tender courgette ribbons.