Garlic and Courgette Rigatoni
with parsley and creme fraiche
A simple and delicious pasta dish, this baked courgette rigatoni features a herby tomato sauce and helpings of melted mozzarella. If you're a fan of pasta then this is the perfect midweek meal!
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Trim the courgette and halve lengthways. Chop into ½ cm thick semicircles.
- Place a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, cook the garlic and onion until softened, 2-3 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, creme fraiche, balsamic vinegar and dried oregano.
- Stir well and season with 1/2 tsp sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then leave to simmer, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, add the courgette to an oven dish.
- Tear the mozzarella into small pieces.
- Once simmered, pour the sauce over the courgette.
- Arrange the mozzarella pieces on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until the courgette is softened, 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- While the pasta cooks, roughly chop the parsley, stalks and all.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
TIP: If you like, you can also boil the water in your kettle.
- Add a drizzle of oil and half the parsley to the cooked rigatoni.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Divide the rigatoni between plates.
- Spoon the courgette and sauce over the top.
- Finish with a sprinkling of the remaining parsley.