with potato wedges and cumin veg
Harissa is a smoky and piquant chilli paste from North Africa that adds a pleasant kick to this succulent chicken dish. The accompanying tender roast veg and golden wedges make this into a filling and flavoursome meal.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips. Trim the carrot and slice into 1cm thick rounds. Halve, peel and slice the onion into 2cm wedges.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the chicken into a large bowl with three-quarters of the harissa paste.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper, then mix well until evenly coated. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Pop the potato wedges onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the middle shelf until golden, 30-40 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, pop the pepper, carrot and onion onto another lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle over the cumin. Toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer.
- After the wedges have roasted for 10 mins add the veg to the oven to roast until softened, 25-30 mins. Turn the veg halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan on medium-high heat (no oil). Once hot, lay the chicken flat in the pan.
- Fry until browned on each side and cooked through, 15-18 mins. Turn every 3-5 mins. IMPORTANT: The chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked transfer the chicken to a board and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
- While everything roasts, mix the yoghurt with the remaining harissa in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- When everything is ready divide the potatoes and veg between your plates.
- Thinly slice the chicken and serve on top.
- Spoon over the harissa yoghurt to finish.