Irish Sirloin Steak in Creamy Truffle Sauce
with carrots and crushed baby potatoes
Sirloin is a favoured cut of beef for steak because of its tendency to be leaner, as well as more tender, flavourful and juicy. Here it's paired with smashed baby potatoes and a creamy truffle sauce, for an overall delightful dining experience.
21 Day Aged Sirloin Steak
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways (quarter larger pieces) and pop onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer, cut-side down.
- When the oven is hot, roast the potatoes on the top shelf until slightly tender, 15-20 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the carrots until starting to char, 2-3 mins.
- Add a splash of water and cover with a lid or foil. Cook until tender, 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- When the potatoes have been cooking for 15 mins, remove the tray from the oven.
- Use the bottom of a bowl or pan to gently crush each potato half.
- Drizzle the smashed potatoes with a little more oil.
- Return to the top shelf of the oven to cook until crispy and golden, 10-15 mins more.
- Return the pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Once hot, fry the steaks until browned. Cook for 1-2 mins on each side for medium-rare.
- Cook for another 1-2 mins on each side if you'd like them more well-done.
- Once cooked, remove from pan, cover and allow to rest. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat and its packaging. Meat is safe to eat when the outside is browned.
- Return the pan to high heat, adding the creme fraiche and beef stock powder.
- Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the truffle oil.
TIP: Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if required.
- Thinly slice the sirloin and plate up with the creamy truffle sauce drizzled over.
- Serve crushed potatoes and carrots alongside.