Melted Mozzarella Meatballs
with baby spinach and roasted potatoes
Though these may be Italian style meatballs, they're made with 100% Irish beef. Accompanied by a side of crispy roast potatoes and topped with melted mozzarella, this is a dish that everyone's sure to love.
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Pop the potatoes onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer (leaving room for the meatballs).
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef mince, breadcrumbs, mustard, Worcester sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Use your hands to form 10 meatballs (double for 4p). IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- When the oven is hot, roast the potatoes and beef meatballs in the oven for 15 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- After 15 mins of roasting, remove the meatballs from the oven (leaving the potatoes to cook).
- Add the meatballs to an oven dish.
- Stir in the spinach, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Roughly tear the mozzarella and spread it on top.
- Return the meatballs to the oven.
- Bake for another 10-15 mins until the mozzarella has melted and the spinach has wilted. IMPORTANT: The mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Divide the meatballs between plates.
- Serve with the crispy potatoes alongside.