Middle Eastern Beef Stew
with charred courgette, couscous and Greek style cheese
Gently charred courgette, salty Greek style cheese and a thick tomato-y beef stew sit atop a bed of fluffy couscous in this warm and hearty Middle Eastern inspired dish.
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Greek Style Cheese
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Place a large pan over high heat (without oil).
- When the pan is hot, add the beef mince.
- Break up the beef with a wooden spoon as it browns and cook for 5-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, trim the courgette then slice into 1cm thick rounds.
- Roughly chop the chives (use scissors if you prefer).
- Once the beef has browned, add the cumin, paprika and Middle Eastern spice.
- Stir and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, honey and 150ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper.
- Leave the stew to simmer until thickened, 15-20 mins.
TIP: Add a splash more water if you feel it's too dry.
- While the stew simmers, boil your kettle (or a pot of water if you haven't got one).
- Add the couscous to a medium bowl with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 200ml boiling water (double for 4p) into the bowl along with the beef stock powder.
- Stir together, cover and leave to the side for 10 mins or until ready to serve.
- Place a separate pan over high heat (without oil).
- Add the courgette and cook until charred, 4-5 mins each side.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Try the stew and season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar if needed.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and divide between bowls.
- Spoon over the beef stew and top with charred courgette.
- Crumble the Greek style cheese over everything and finish with a sprinkling of chopped chives.